Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pickled Red Peppers



Here's a fast pickled red peppers recipe,I hope you'll give it a try. Don't get me wrong, this will leave a mess in your kitchen, but at least it won't last for long.

The pickled red peppers will not last long either, if you know what I mean ;)

First step is to roast the peppers. I've seen this done on a pan, stove, BBQ, and microwave. My favourite method is the stove, I think it leaves less mess to clean up. The BBQ version sounds good too but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyway, whatever your favourite method is make sure you don't over roast the peppers. All you wanna do is soften the peppers and be able to peal the skin off once you're done.

Next step, is; peel the skin off the peppers, and clean them from the seeds and cut each pepper to about 3 or 4 parts.

To prepare the marinate take:
2 cups of cider vinegar
2 cups of water
2 tablespoons of salt
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of black whole pepper
1 teaspoon of English pepper
3 crushed garlic cloves
3 bay leaves

Mix the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
Let cool down.

Put all peppers in an air tight container, and pour the marinate over. Move to the fridge and let sit for a couple of days.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Blog about food and cooking, containing recipes, how to"s, articles, and other resources on food and cooking